A-LEVEL RESULTS: St Francis’ College, Letchworth
THE stars were shining bright at St Francis’ College in Letchworth GC this morning (Thursday).
Students took a total of 115 A-level exams with over 65 per cent passed at A* or A grade.
A quarter of all grades were A*.
More than half of all the candidates got three or more A-levels at grade A or A*. A total of 84.3 per cent of all exams were passed at A*, A or B grade.
Headteacher Dorothy MacGinty said: “I couldn’t be more thrilled with the A-level results this year. I am delighted for the girls and staff, they have worked hard towards these examinations and are excited to be receiving their university offers this morning.
You may also want to watch:
“These are great results which mean that today our girls are celebrating getting into the most prestigious universities, many of them to study medical, science and language courses.
“They have also proved themselves to be team players having taken part in a multitude of extra curricular activities throughout their time at the college. They are well placed to be the leaders of tomorrow.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
Each year Durham University offer just eight scholarships and this autumn two of those places will be taken by St Francis’ girls, Lucy Rahim and Lucy Thayer.
Emily McGhee is on her way to Kings College London to read Medicine having achieved four A* grades while Jessica Norris is to read Biological Sciences at Keble College, Oxford, having gained three A* grades.