A-level results: Princess Helena College
PRINCESS Helena College students secured a 100 per cent pass rate, with nearly a third of all grades either an A or A*.
The Preston college, which also has an 88 per cent pass rate at A*-C, will see many of its pupils heading off to university.
Head girl Rachel Helman scored straight As in German, history and economics and is off to York University to study politics and international relations.
Another great success was Marina Lawrence Mahrra, who achieved an A* and two As, along with grade eights in singing, recorder and clarinet. She is planning to continue her studies in performing arts.
Other girls are going on to study law, mathematics and psychology, while some are looking forward to gap year adventures in Europe and beyond.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Jo-Anne Duncan said: “Amongst the excellent headlines, there are many stories of individual girls who have been determined to achieve their very best results, and I am very proud of the way we support every girl in her ambitions.
“It is really pleasing to see girls who are passionate about their subjects continuing their studies at undergraduate level. Their destinations include the universities of Durham, Royal Holloway and Bedford, York, Kent and Manchester, as well as top art colleges and drama schools.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
The art department was also praised by Mrs Duncan. Its students achieved an impressive 100 per cent A* and A grades.