A-level results day 2017: St Francis’ College, Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Students and staff at St Francis’ College in Letchworth are celebrating another successful year of A-level results.
The girls achieved 90 per cent A* to C grades, with 48 per cent of those being A* or A. The overall A*-to-E pass rate was 99 per cent.
More than a quarter of girls in Year 13 gained three or more A*s and As, and more than 95 per cent of students have already been offered places on the university course of their choice.
Top achievers include head girl Amy Lian, who got four A*s and is set to study chemistry at Oxford.
She said: “I can’t thank my teachers enough for all the hard work they put in, I am thrilled with my results. Thank you.”
Georgia Foot, Grace Twitchett and Audrey Liu achieved straight A grades, and are respectively set to read physics at Imperial College London, veterinary medicine at the Royal Veterinary College and computing at Imperial.
Georgia said: “The college has nurtured me from my very early years in prep right through to the sixth form.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
“I am so grateful to everyone for all they have done for me. I am overwhelmed with my results and couldn’t be happier.”
Her father added: “We are absolutely thrilled with Georgie’s results, which have gained her a place at Imperial.
“Georgie has worked hard to achieve the very best, but she couldn’t have done it without the support and dedication of the staff here at St Francis’.”
St Francis’ headteacher Bronwen Goulding said: “Despite changes to the examination system and at a time when it is increasingly difficult to get top grades, I am delighted that our girls have, once again, the kind of calibre of results which give them access to the best institutions in the world.
“I am so proud of their achievements, their hard work and the contribution of the staff in supporting these outcomes.”