A-level results day 2017: St Christopher School, Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Sixth-form students at Letchworth’s St Christopher School are celebrating with their families and teachers today after achieving very strong A-level results.
Students cemented places at a host of top universities including Oxford, Cambridge, UCL and Imperial College London – with 97 per cent of grades at A* to E, 76 per cent at A* to C, 58 per cent at A* to B, and 35 per cent of all A-levels graded at A* and A.
Headteacher Richard Palmer said: “We are extremely proud of our pupils and their teachers who have overcome a challenging landscape and ever moving goalposts to achieve an excellent set of results.
“It’s pleasing to see success despite this backdrop of national uncertainty – and we are just as proud of those students who have achieved four A*s and are heading to Cambridge as we are of those who have achieved two Cs and have assured a placed on their chosen vocational course.”
Mr Palmer continued: “St Chris has a strong tradition of celebrating students as individuals, and a St Chris education is about so much more than just academic achievement.
“I am confident that this year’s leavers are well-rounded and resourceful, have a strong social conscience and moral courage, and that they leave the school with the skills and confidence to thrive in the modern world.”
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?