A-level results day 2017: St Christopher School, Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Sixth-form students at Letchworth’s St Christopher School are celebrating with their families and teachers today after achieving very strong A-level results.
Students cemented places at a host of top universities including Oxford, Cambridge, UCL and Imperial College London – with 97 per cent of grades at A* to E, 76 per cent at A* to C, 58 per cent at A* to B, and 35 per cent of all A-levels graded at A* and A.
Headteacher Richard Palmer said: “We are extremely proud of our pupils and their teachers who have overcome a challenging landscape and ever moving goalposts to achieve an excellent set of results.
“It’s pleasing to see success despite this backdrop of national uncertainty – and we are just as proud of those students who have achieved four A*s and are heading to Cambridge as we are of those who have achieved two Cs and have assured a placed on their chosen vocational course.”
Mr Palmer continued: “St Chris has a strong tradition of celebrating students as individuals, and a St Chris education is about so much more than just academic achievement.
You may also want to watch:
“I am confident that this year’s leavers are well-rounded and resourceful, have a strong social conscience and moral courage, and that they leave the school with the skills and confidence to thrive in the modern world.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool