A-level results day 2017: Highfield School, Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Students at Letchworth’s Highfield School have been saluted by their head after most of them secured their first-choice university places.
Many were accepted into Russell Group universities, with star performers including Immi Brierley, Luis Fernandes, Rae-Anna Osley and Edward Wilsher – each of whom received straight A* and A grades.
Headteacher Ian Morris told the Comet: “We have again seen across the board a set of hugely successful A-level results, with some outstanding individual achievements.
“My congratulations go to all the students and my thanks to all the staff for their hard work.
“This set of results are a credit to all and will allow almost all students to go to their first choice university, including many Russell Group universities.”
You may also want to watch:
The overall pass rate was not available.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?