A-level results day 2016: The Nobel School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
There was a 99 per cent pass rate at A*-E at The Nobel School in Stevenage, with head Martyn Henson ‘absolutely delighted’ with the improved A-level results.
Overall, 24 per cent of students achieved A*-B grades and 85 per cent A-C. For BTEC courses, 80 per cent got a Distinction* or Distinction.
“We are absolutely delighted that our results have improved in all areas again this year,” said Mr Henson.
“Our results are testament to the hard work, commitment and dedication from students, staff and parents and they include some outstanding individual performances, particularly at the highest levels. We are especially pleased with the number of students who have achieved the highest A* and A grades.”
Harpreet Pannu, Michael Tsang, Bobby Banks, Dylan Butterfield, Dominic McEwen, Clare Holtham, Philip Snoad, Ben Gray and Ellie Ward all gained a clean sweep of A*s and As.
Three of the students will be heading to the University of Oxford – a first for Nobel. Head boy Bobby will be studying physics, head girl Ellie Ward will be doing geography and Ben will be reading history.
Mr Henson added: “We are pleased that students have been successful in securing places at the universities of their choice. It is the first time our lovely school has sent three students to the University of Oxford – this is a real triumph! BTEC students have also done themselves proud by achieving fantastic ‘value-added’ and as a result the future looks bright for all of them.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
“The vast majority of our sixth form students are leaving Nobel having maximised their academic performance and, more importantly, as well-rounded individuals ready to play an active role in society. We are very proud of all of them.”