A-level results day 2016: John Henry Newman School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
There was a 99 per cent A-level pass rate at A*-E for students at John Henry Newman School in Stevenage.
More than 53 per cent of all A-level grades were A*-B, with 63 per cent achieving Distinction* or Distinction in vocational courses, with a 100 per cent pass rate at BTEC.
JHN’s head of sixth Form, Wendy Howard, said: “I am delighted to see the hard work and efforts of our students pay off with many wonderful results.” It is incredibly pleasing to see the rise in the % of A*-B grades gained and I look forward to continuing this rising trend in the excellent record of achievement at the school.
Most students gained places at their universities of choice and there were many outstanding individual achievements which we will celebrate at our annual awards evening.
“We would like to thank the parents for their continued support and staff for all their hard work. We, of course, wish the students all the very best with their future plans.”
Among the top performers was Milena Cofano, who attained A*A*A.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000