A-level results day 2016: John Henry Newman School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
There was a 99 per cent A-level pass rate at A*-E for students at John Henry Newman School in Stevenage.
More than 53 per cent of all A-level grades were A*-B, with 63 per cent achieving Distinction* or Distinction in vocational courses, with a 100 per cent pass rate at BTEC.
JHN’s head of sixth Form, Wendy Howard, said: “I am delighted to see the hard work and efforts of our students pay off with many wonderful results.” It is incredibly pleasing to see the rise in the % of A*-B grades gained and I look forward to continuing this rising trend in the excellent record of achievement at the school.
Most students gained places at their universities of choice and there were many outstanding individual achievements which we will celebrate at our annual awards evening.
“We would like to thank the parents for their continued support and staff for all their hard work. We, of course, wish the students all the very best with their future plans.”
You may also want to watch:
Among the top performers was Milena Cofano, who attained A*A*A.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie