A-level results day 2016: Barnwell School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Barnwell headteacher Tony Fitzpatrick says he is ‘extremely proud’ to be part of the Stevenage school’s success after A-level results were on the up again.
The school’s A-level pass rate at A*-E was 98 per cent, up five per cent on 2015, while the average grade at BTEC was Distinction*.
“The ‘Good’ judgement we received earlier this year by Ofsted for our sixth form has certainly been validated,” said Mr Fitzpatrick.
“Results at the school just continue to improve year on year and I am so happy for the numerous students who will be going off to university and apprenticeships this year.
“The success of our students is down to their own hard work, the support of their parents and the dedication of our staff.
You may also want to watch:
“These are exciting times and I am extremely proud to be part of Barnwell’s ongoing success.”
Chair of governors Mel Edwards added: “The governing body and the staff of Barnwell School are immensely proud of the achievement of our sixth form students.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 6 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
“We wish all of our students every success in the future and look forward to them joining our newly formed Barnwell Alumni.”
Many students achieved outstanding results, including: Rosie Borcherds (A*AB), Martha Huggins (AAB), Lauren Jarvis (AAB), Louise Temple (four Distinction*s), Jade Adefiranje (four Distinction*s), Reece Bellchambers (three Distinction*s and a Distinction), Katie Nixon (three Distinction*s and a Distinction), George Riley (three Distinction*s and a Distinction) and Lewis Payne (Distinction*, Distinction, A).