A-level results: Barclay, Stevenage
Students at Barclay achieved a 60 per cent pass rate at A* to C grade and a 95 per cent pass rate overall, with the head calling it “another exceptional year” at the school.
Provisional results show an overall pass rate equal to last year, with 10 per cent of pupils awarded the top A or A* grade.
Headteacher Debbie Upton said: “This is a fantastic year for our students who have worked extremely hard and are now off taking up places at university, apprenticeships and full time employment in a huge range of fields.
“As always our staff have worked exceptionally hard and we are also very grateful for the tremendous support provided by parents and carers.”
George Caterer gained two A* grades and two A grades. Just back from a four week Biodiversity volunteering programme in Guyana he has a place to study Biological Sciences at UCL.
You may also want to watch:
Francis Harrold gained an an A* and three A grades and will be studying Mathematics at UCL.
Shona Cole whose art work won a place in the Royal Academy, gained three A grades and will be studying Fine Art at UCA in East Anglia.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?