A-level results 2015: The Nobel School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of a Stevenage school is delighted with his students “tremendous” exam results after they recorded a record breaking pass rate of 93 per cent.
Every one of the A2 students gained an A* to E grade at The Nobel School. The same year group also achieved 22 per cent A* and A; 56 per cent A* to B and 82 per cent A to C.
“We are absolutely delighted that our A-level results have improved in all areas again this year,” said head Martyn Henson. “They are testament to the hard work, commitment and dedication from students, staff and parents.
“They include some outstanding individual performances, particularly at the highest levels. We are especially pleased with the number of students who have achieved the highest A* and A grades.”
The school highlighted the achievements of Harpreet Pannu, Michael Tsang, Bobby Banks, Dylan Butterfield, Dominic McEwen, Clare Holtham, Philip Snoad and Jennifer Doggett who gained a clean sweep of A*s and As at AS and A2. The head made special mention of Michelle Wan who achieved three A*s in biology, chemistry and mathematics and will be going up to Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, to read natural sciences.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Henson added: “We are pleased that the vast majority of students have been successful in securing places at the universities of their choice. Furthermore, our AS results were by far the best the school has ever achieved, the pass rate having increased from 87 per cent to 93 per cent. In fact, we have added significant value at both AS and A2 demonstrating that students at all levels have made tremendous progress.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?