A-level results 2015: Samuel Whitbread Academy, Clifton
- Credit: Archant
Samuel Whitbread Academy has recorded its best ever set of A-level results.
In total, 99.8 per cent of students at the Clifton-based academy Samuel Whitbread achieved A*-E grades, with 74.5 per cent getting at least one grade at A*-C.
Principal Robert Robson said: “These are amazing results and I am so pleased for the students who will all be going on to university, apprenticeships or employment. Our sixth form is the biggest in the local authority and we have gone from strength to strength in recent years.”
Nishi Saran, the vice principal and head of sixth form, said: “These achievements are a testament to the hard work of the students, the support their parents have given them and the excellent teaching they have received.
“There were a number of noteworthy success stories in both year groups including 16 students who achieved straight A/A* grades or distinctions. I am particularly pleased with the progress all students have made and it’s wonderful to see that we have achieved a new best for the average points score across all students.”
You may also want to watch:
The following students achieved at least two or more A*/A grades in their A-level subjects:
Jess Fox, Shahana Sokhi, Asia Harbour Brown, Clodie Worboys, Tim Bills, Rachel Garner, Isabelle Maddocks, Sam Laverty, Holly Whittle, Clodie Worboys, Laura Calvert, Ebony Tuck, Megan Ward, Victoria Hill Chalmers, Tom Jones, Callum Mason, Harry Rockall and Stephanie Child.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
The following AS students achieved at least three A grades in their AS exams: Danny Hanlon, Lucy Rogers, Thomas Pashley, Andrew Smith, Callum Pearson, Adrian Allen, Bethany Evans, Rebecca Hill and Amber Rogers.