A-level results 2015: Samuel Whitbread Academy, Clifton
- Credit: Archant
Samuel Whitbread Academy has recorded its best ever set of A-level results.
In total, 99.8 per cent of students at the Clifton-based academy Samuel Whitbread achieved A*-E grades, with 74.5 per cent getting at least one grade at A*-C.
Principal Robert Robson said: “These are amazing results and I am so pleased for the students who will all be going on to university, apprenticeships or employment. Our sixth form is the biggest in the local authority and we have gone from strength to strength in recent years.”
Nishi Saran, the vice principal and head of sixth form, said: “These achievements are a testament to the hard work of the students, the support their parents have given them and the excellent teaching they have received.
“There were a number of noteworthy success stories in both year groups including 16 students who achieved straight A/A* grades or distinctions. I am particularly pleased with the progress all students have made and it’s wonderful to see that we have achieved a new best for the average points score across all students.”
The following students achieved at least two or more A*/A grades in their A-level subjects:
Jess Fox, Shahana Sokhi, Asia Harbour Brown, Clodie Worboys, Tim Bills, Rachel Garner, Isabelle Maddocks, Sam Laverty, Holly Whittle, Clodie Worboys, Laura Calvert, Ebony Tuck, Megan Ward, Victoria Hill Chalmers, Tom Jones, Callum Mason, Harry Rockall and Stephanie Child.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 3 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
- 4 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'wonderful and caring' husband and father
- 6 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 7 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 8 New dad welcomes baby amid brain tumour treatment
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 10 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
The following AS students achieved at least three A grades in their AS exams: Danny Hanlon, Lucy Rogers, Thomas Pashley, Andrew Smith, Callum Pearson, Adrian Allen, Bethany Evans, Rebecca Hill and Amber Rogers.