A-level results 2014: The Priory School, Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
The Priory School in Hitchin are celebrating another year of success with all students passing their A-level exams.
It was A-level results morning at the Bedford Road school with 36 per cent of students achieving the top A* to A grade, 58 per cent achieving A* to B and 80 per cent gaining A* to C grades.
Headteacher Geraint Edwards said: “As a resident of Hitchin and the Headteacher of The Priory, I am privileged to have the opportunity to work with such outstanding young people who will go onto even greater success.
“The Priory is very proud of the achievements of all its students in their recent A level and BTEC examinations. It is a credit to the hard work put in by them and their teachers that have enabled such excellent results.
“Parents and carers have played a significant role in supporting the progress of their child during these exams and need to be congratulated for all their time, energy and patience.”
You may also want to watch:
The school has had successful applicants to Oxbridge, with Tom Brennan reading law at Oxford and Issac Waby reading natural sciences at Cambridge. Abby Bowen will be attending the Royal Academy of Music.
While Rachel Langley (Civil Service) and Scott Mardell (MBDA) have enrolled onto highly competitive apprenticeship courses.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
• Send in your messages and pictures from results day to @thecomet24 on Twitter using #Cometalevels