A-level results 2014: The Nobel School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of The Nobel School in Stevenage is “absolutely delighted” with student results in his first year at the helm.
Martyn Henson took over in September and under his stewardship the school has increased its overall pass rate at A*-E to 99.6 per cent – up from 98 per cent.
Results were up on last year across the board, with 53% achieving A*-B and 78% A-C.
“We are absolutely delighted with the results of our A-level students this year,” said Mr Henson.
“These outcomes are the result of considerable hard work, commitment and support from students, staff and parents
“They include some outstanding individual performances, particularly at the highest levels. We are especially pleased with the number of students who have achieved the highest A* and A grades.
“We are delighted that the vast majority of students have been successful in securing places at the universities of their choice. These results are significantly up on last year and underline the recognition from Ofsted that Nobel is now a ‘Good’ school.”
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 3 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 4 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 8 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 9 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
- 10 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
The head praised Peter Phillips, Matt Reah, Robert Smith, Maya Sthankiya, Thomas Hayes, Alice Hutchins, Jamie Jackson and Ben Malpass all of whom gained a clean sweep of A* and A grades.
He also gave a special mention to Rebecca Tremlett who has gained a place at the Royal Veterinary College to study Veterinary Science.
• Send in your messages and pictures from results day to @thecomet24 on Twitter using #Cometalevels