A-level results 2014: The Nobel School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of The Nobel School in Stevenage is “absolutely delighted” with student results in his first year at the helm.
Martyn Henson took over in September and under his stewardship the school has increased its overall pass rate at A*-E to 99.6 per cent – up from 98 per cent.
Results were up on last year across the board, with 53% achieving A*-B and 78% A-C.
“We are absolutely delighted with the results of our A-level students this year,” said Mr Henson.
“These outcomes are the result of considerable hard work, commitment and support from students, staff and parents
You may also want to watch:
“They include some outstanding individual performances, particularly at the highest levels. We are especially pleased with the number of students who have achieved the highest A* and A grades.
“We are delighted that the vast majority of students have been successful in securing places at the universities of their choice. These results are significantly up on last year and underline the recognition from Ofsted that Nobel is now a ‘Good’ school.”
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
The head praised Peter Phillips, Matt Reah, Robert Smith, Maya Sthankiya, Thomas Hayes, Alice Hutchins, Jamie Jackson and Ben Malpass all of whom gained a clean sweep of A* and A grades.
He also gave a special mention to Rebecca Tremlett who has gained a place at the Royal Veterinary College to study Veterinary Science.
• Send in your messages and pictures from results day to @thecomet24 on Twitter using #Cometalevels