A-level results 2014: St Francis’ College, Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
More than a fifth of girls at St Francis’ College have achieved straight A grades in their A-levels.
The overall A* to E pass rate at the Letchworth school was 99.3 per cent with nearly 88 per cent of girls earning C grades or above.
The six girls who achieved straight As or higher were:
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
The college prides itself on encouraging girls to study the sciences and mathematics and nearly half of all exams taken were in these fields.
There was a 77 per cent pass rate at A* or A grades leading to all the candidates for medicine gaining a place at their choice of university including Oxford University.
Across all subjects nearly half of the exams were passed at A* or A grade, 80 per cent of art exams were passed at A* grade.
Dorothy MacGinty, headteacher, said: “With a national decline of girls studying STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) I am absolutely delighted that our girls have, once again, increased their outstanding results in maths and sciences alongside our excellent results in languages, arts and humanities.
“I congratulate all girls and staff on achieving these superb results.”
• Send in your messages and pictures from results day to @thecomet24 on Twitter using #Cometalevels