A-level results 2014: St Francis’ College, Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
More than a fifth of girls at St Francis’ College have achieved straight A grades in their A-levels.
The overall A* to E pass rate at the Letchworth school was 99.3 per cent with nearly 88 per cent of girls earning C grades or above.
The six girls who achieved straight As or higher were:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
The college prides itself on encouraging girls to study the sciences and mathematics and nearly half of all exams taken were in these fields.
There was a 77 per cent pass rate at A* or A grades leading to all the candidates for medicine gaining a place at their choice of university including Oxford University.
Across all subjects nearly half of the exams were passed at A* or A grade, 80 per cent of art exams were passed at A* grade.
Dorothy MacGinty, headteacher, said: “With a national decline of girls studying STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) I am absolutely delighted that our girls have, once again, increased their outstanding results in maths and sciences alongside our excellent results in languages, arts and humanities.
“I congratulate all girls and staff on achieving these superb results.”
• Send in your messages and pictures from results day to @thecomet24 on Twitter using #Cometalevels