A-level results 2014: Samuel Whitbread Academy, Clifton
- Credit: Archant
Students at Samuel Whitbread Academy are celebrating after recording its best ever A level results.
The school, located in Clifton, recorded an A* to E pass rate of 99 per cent and saw 11 students achieve straight A or A* grades.
Of these two have gone on to gain places at Oxford or Cambridge universities.
Robert Robson, principal, said: “These are our best ever results at AS and for A level we have seen a further increase in the number of grades awarded at A*s and As.
“This is a fantastic achievement, especially in light of the government changes to further raise standards at the top end.”
Nishi Saran, head of Sixth Form, said: “I always look forward to this time of year and seeing our students achieve their potential.
“Nationally, many schools were unsure about the impact of the recent government decision to remove the January exams, however students and staff at Samuel Whitbread have responded positively to these changes and have worked hard to achieve a superb set of results.”
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
The following list includes students who achieved at least two or more A*/A grades in their A level subjects:
The following AS students achieved at least three A grades in their AS exams:-
• Send in your messages and pictures from results day to @thecomet24 on Twitter using #Cometalevels