A-level results 2014: Samuel Whitbread Academy, Clifton
- Credit: Archant
Students at Samuel Whitbread Academy are celebrating after recording its best ever A level results.
The school, located in Clifton, recorded an A* to E pass rate of 99 per cent and saw 11 students achieve straight A or A* grades.
Of these two have gone on to gain places at Oxford or Cambridge universities.
Robert Robson, principal, said: “These are our best ever results at AS and for A level we have seen a further increase in the number of grades awarded at A*s and As.
“This is a fantastic achievement, especially in light of the government changes to further raise standards at the top end.”
You may also want to watch:
Nishi Saran, head of Sixth Form, said: “I always look forward to this time of year and seeing our students achieve their potential.
“Nationally, many schools were unsure about the impact of the recent government decision to remove the January exams, however students and staff at Samuel Whitbread have responded positively to these changes and have worked hard to achieve a superb set of results.”
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 7 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
The following list includes students who achieved at least two or more A*/A grades in their A level subjects:
The following AS students achieved at least three A grades in their AS exams:-
• Send in your messages and pictures from results day to @thecomet24 on Twitter using #Cometalevels