A-level results 2014: Highfield School, Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
It has been another hugely successful year for the sixth formers at The Highfield School, according to its headmaster.
Students at the Letchworth school are celebrating after achieving a 99 per cent A* to E pass rate.
Headteacher Ian Morris said: “We have seen again across the board a set of hugely successful A-Level results with some outstanding individual achievement – including Ben McConnell’s four A*s and an A, which is one the best individual achievements from any student at the school.
“My congratulations go to all the students and my thanks to all the staff for their hard work. This set of results are a credit to all and will allow almost all students to go to their first choice university, including many Russell Group universities.”
Students who achieved especially strong A* and A grades in all their subjects are:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
• Send in your messages and pictures from results day to @thecomet24 on Twitter using #Cometalevels