A-level results 2014: Highfield School, Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
It has been another hugely successful year for the sixth formers at The Highfield School, according to its headmaster.
Students at the Letchworth school are celebrating after achieving a 99 per cent A* to E pass rate.
Headteacher Ian Morris said: “We have seen again across the board a set of hugely successful A-Level results with some outstanding individual achievement – including Ben McConnell’s four A*s and an A, which is one the best individual achievements from any student at the school.
“My congratulations go to all the students and my thanks to all the staff for their hard work. This set of results are a credit to all and will allow almost all students to go to their first choice university, including many Russell Group universities.”
Students who achieved especially strong A* and A grades in all their subjects are:
- 1 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
• Send in your messages and pictures from results day to @thecomet24 on Twitter using #Cometalevels