A-LEVEL RESULTS 2013: Barnwell School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A-LEVEL results at Barnwell School are up on last year, with the headteacher declaring it is “exciting times” for the school.
The pass rate for A*-E was 99% at the Stevenage school, an increase of 5% from last year’s results.
A total of 73% of students achieved grades at A*-C, with A*-A at 30%.
Students who studied Level 3 BTEC courses again achieved a 100% pass rate.
Headteacher Tony Fitzpatrick said: “Yet again the success of our students is down to their own hard work, the support of their parents and the dedication of our staff.
“I am extremely pleased that many of our students are off to university to continue with their studies. Other students have secured apprenticeships and work-based training.
“Our sixth form provision continues to go from strength to strength, and September 2014 will see the opening of our new Sixth Form Centre which is currently under construction. These are exciting times for Barnwell School.”
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 6 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Come on feel the noise: Tisdale excited to experience a first Stevenage home game