A-LEVEL RESULTS 2013: Barnwell School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A-LEVEL results at Barnwell School are up on last year, with the headteacher declaring it is “exciting times” for the school.
The pass rate for A*-E was 99% at the Stevenage school, an increase of 5% from last year’s results.
A total of 73% of students achieved grades at A*-C, with A*-A at 30%.
Students who studied Level 3 BTEC courses again achieved a 100% pass rate.
Headteacher Tony Fitzpatrick said: “Yet again the success of our students is down to their own hard work, the support of their parents and the dedication of our staff.
You may also want to watch:
“I am extremely pleased that many of our students are off to university to continue with their studies. Other students have secured apprenticeships and work-based training.
“Our sixth form provision continues to go from strength to strength, and September 2014 will see the opening of our new Sixth Form Centre which is currently under construction. These are exciting times for Barnwell School.”
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation