Letchworth History Group commemorates Ebenezer Howard 90 years since his death
- Credit: Archant
The Letchworth History Group will welcome Lord Matthew Taylor to speak at the Ebenezer Howard memorial lecture, being held on Tuesday to commemorate the 90th anniversary of his death.
Matthew Taylor is a long-term supporter and advocate of Ebenzer Howard’s Garden City priniciples and has experience and expertise in housing and plannning which has seen him serve as a government adviser over the last decade.
The talk will display how Ebenezer Howard’s ideas and policies from over 100 years ago have be applied to housing problems we face today.
He said: “If we stop ruining historic towns and villages with new housing estates and instead create vibrant, attractive new villages with facilities that people need, that is how we will overcome the housing shortage.”
The lecture will be at the Spirella Ballroom at 7.30pm and will include music provided by the Garden City Band.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £7 and are available from David’s Bookshop and Letchworth tourist information centre.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage