EastEnders stars including Steve McFadden and Danny Dyer back Stevenage cancer campaign with Twitter posts
- Credit: Archant
A charity initiative aimed at supporting children with cancer by providing them with hats to cover hair loss has gained support from stars of BBC One’s EastEnders.
Jasmin Julia Gupta launched Cancer Hair Care’s non-profit enterprise Twin Hats last month so a new hat can be given to cancer patients free of charge for every hat that is bought. will see a new hat given free of char
Stars of EastEnders, including Steve McFadden who plays Phil Mitchell, have shown their support for the Stevenage-based charity by donning the hats and tweeting about the initiative.
Jasmin, who founded Cancer Hair Care in 2011, said: “It all started when Diane Parish, who plays Denise Fox, found out we were launching our hat shop for charity. She asked me to send her some hats that she could sell to the cast. Before I knew it, tweets and emails were flooding in from the cast to offer their support.”
Diane said: “We just thought Twin Hats has a wonderful ambition. It is a cause close to everyone’s heart and our cast and crew have been delighted to be able to help raise some awareness.”
You may also want to watch:
Jasmin added: ”Diane and her colleagues have been brilliant in supporting us getting off the ground. We have already sold hundreds of hats, but we desperately need to sell at least another 500 in the next two weeks so we can supply free hats to children with cancer this winter.
“It’s such a turnaround for our charity, as in February burglars broke in and stole thousands of pounds worth of equipment and supplies. It would be amazing to end the year fully stocked again.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
Twin Hats currently has a winter range for men, women and children.
The woollen hats, which are hand-knitted and fairly traded by artisan knitters in Nepal, are £14.95 for adults and £12.95 for children.
The hats are available from The Caring Hair Studio based in Middle Row or online at www.twinhats.co.uk.