Early Christmas present for ill Stevenage girl, 7, as she meets One Direction
- Credit: Archant
A girl who suffers with a brain condition had her Christmas wish granted after she met boyband One Direction.
Livvie Ellis, of Cavell Walk, Stevenage, was diagnosed in January with abscesses on her brain, which can cause symptons such as headaches, co-ordination difficulties and drowsiness.
Almost a year on the seven-year-old joined 36 other young people for a screening of the band’s biogaphical film One Direction: This Is Us in Wembley when the unexpected happened.
The band took to the stage and performed an acoustic set for the cheering audience before meeting individual fans.
The event was organised by children’s charity Rays of Sunshine, which the pop group are a patron of.
Her mum Becci Ellis, 32, said: “I made friends with another mum in Great Ormond Street whose son had been granted a wish. I spoke to one of the play-leaders at the hospital and she introduced us to the charity Rays Of Sunshine. It was brilliant when Livvie realised what was going on. She jumped out of her seat and made a massive squeaking noise in absolute shock.
“She’s been very ill and hasn’t been able to do a lot of the things that a normal seven-year-old would be able to but she’s been really strong and just got on with it. I want to thank the people at Rays of Sunshine for making this happen because it absolutely made her day.”
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
Livvie also impressed band member Louis Tomlinson with her sparkling custom-made shoes. He uploaded a photo of her funky footwear to his Instagram page, which is followed by more than five million fans.