Eager volunteers from Royston and Baldock Tesco transform garden for Ashwell school’s youngsters to enjoy
- Credit: Archant
Ashwell Primary School benefited from a garden spruce up when a team of volunteers armed with brushes and gloves gave equipment a good clean and a lick of paint.
The team from the Royston and Baldock branches of Tesco Extra transformed the quiet garden and surrounding fencing.
Tesco community champion Mandy Jinkerson said: “We were delighted to be able to support this project.
“We spent the day rubbing down wooden benches, fences and sheds and giving them a fresh coat of paint.
“The children had planted vegetables and flowers in raised beds and the whole area was transformed into a lovely, quiet area for the children to enjoy.”
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Lisa Hall said: “The school is thrilled with the contribution they have made to ensure the school is as safe and attractive as it can be for our children.
“We would like to say a huge thank you to the team who have made such a difference in such a short space of time.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell