Dyslexic Henlow writer of The Wedding Insider blog nominated for award
- Credit: Archant
A dyslexic blogger from Henlow who once found the idea of writing extremely daunting has been shortlisted for an award.
Nicky Tribble, who started writing her blog The Wedding Insider last year, is one of 10 nominated in the ‘best rising star’ category of Wedding magazine’s blog awards.
Nicky attends a lot of weddings as part of her work operating a photo booth – and started the blog after friends and clients suggested she should share all her encyclopedic knowledge about them.
“When I started I was very nervous about writing for a people to read,” said Nicky.
“Brides and grooms used to tell me I had really good information and should write it down to help others.
You may also want to watch:
“It means the world to me to be nominated, and I hope it helps others with dyslexia to see they can and will get there.
Nicky is in a public vote which closes on September 30. Her blog is at theweddinginsider.co.uk, and the vote is at weddingandweddingflowers.co.uk.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out