DVD Review: Doctor Who: Planet of the Spiders
AFTER five years spent battling Daleks, Sea Devils, Axons and renegade Time Lords, the third incarnation of the Doctor meets his match in the deadly Eight Legs of Metebelis Three…
Giant psychic spiders from the Acteon Galaxy are unwittingly summoned to Earth by the brethren of a Tibetan-style spiritual retreat, searching for a perfect blue crystal stolen from their planet by the Doctor (Jon Pertwee), and needed by their all-powerful leader, the Great One, to complete her plans for universal conquest.
But in order to defeat the spiders, the Doctor must confront his worst fears, and there will be a terrible price to pay for his victory…
A veritable greatest-hits of all the elements of Pertwee’s reign as the Time Lord, this six-part story features high-speed chases on land, sea and sky in a myriad different vehicles, the soldiers of UNIT standing by his side for the final time, and of course the usual array of gadgets which symbolised the Third Doctor’s era so well.
You may also want to watch:
A worthy finale for one of the greatest of the classic Doctors.
- 1 Full list of Stevenage results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Three arrested after two people held against their will
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Stevenage Borough Council
- 5 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 6 Marriotts School pays tribute to 'happy and vibrant' student Julia Blackham
- 7 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 8 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 9 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 10 Teacher who goes above and beyond for students shortlisted for Teacher of the Year award