Dutch Winter House in Letchworth enchants for eighth year with visitors from far and wide
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds converged on Letchworth from far and wide to see the Winter House decorated and opened to visitors by a Dutch floral designer.
Alice Calcasola van der List had guests from all over the UK come to her family home at 15 Sollershott East over the evenings of Monday, Wednesday and Friday last week for what has become something of an institution in the run-up to Christmas.
This is the eighth year Alice has invited the public to her home – which is also the headquarters of her floral design business All In One Season.
“I want everyone who visits my home to feel like part of our All In One Season family,” said Alice.
As long as our guests leave with a smile on their face, a feeling of festive cheer and are inspired by what they have seen and experienced, then we’ve done our jobs.
You may also want to watch:
“Yes, we always want to showcase the latest continental trends and I want to share my own creative and innovative ideas – but it’s all about making sure people come away feeling that, for a few hours, they have been transported to a magical and beautiful house in Holland.”
She added: “I’d like to thank all my family and friends who give their time and support every year – without them, this just would not be possible. And also, a big thank you to our kind and patient neighbours who always support us on our three busy nights of the year.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 10 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
Mulled wine, mince pies and other refreshments were laid on, with donations invited for Garden House Hospice Care.
If you didn’t get over to see it, there’s still time – Alice is opening the Dutch Winter House up on selected daytime slots until December 21. Both this Friday and Saturday are available.
Tickets are £5 each, but this is refunded on any purchases made.
To book see winterhouse2016.eventbrite.co.uk or email email@example.com.