Dutch-inspired Valentine’s Day workshop is a floral favourite in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Love was in the air on Saturday for a floral design Valentine’s Day special in Letchworth.
Alice Calcasola – who runs All In One Season from her home studio in Sollershott East – opened her doors for a Dutch-inspired craft workshop.
In December, after 15 years in Letchworth Alice welcomed two men who were brave enough to get in touch with their floral side through her doors, and with another willing male participant this time around, the gender balance is closer to being restored.
Those taking part in the workshop double header – which included eating samples of Alice’s Dutch apple cake – were tasked with making the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for their loved ones.
Builder Martin Houghton, who attended the first of two Saturday workshops and surprised his partner with a gift of his making, said: “I decided to let the cat out of the bag and told the lads at work much to their amusement.
You may also want to watch:
“They then told their wives and now they are in trouble for not doing the same.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round