Dunne out for a fortnight
- Credit: Archant
Midfielder the latest player to be added to Stevenage’s injury list
Graham Westley says James Dunne is likely to be out for at least a fortnight.
The Stevenage midfielder missed Saturday’s draw at Tranmere after being injured on Thursday, and is likely to miss two more weeks of action.
Boro are already without Lucas Akins, Ben Chorley and Luke Jones through injury, while Lee Hills, who was on the bench on Saturday, is on the comeback trail.
Darius Charles, who injured his ankle in the Capital One Cup match at Everton a fortnight ago, could be back in the matchday squad for this weekend’s trip to Preston North End.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after the draw at Prenton Park, Westley said: “Hillsy sat on the bench but he probably couldn’t have got on.
“We were down to 17 fit players, Dunny took a knock in training on Thursday which kept him out of today and keeps him out for two or three weeks so we’re unlikely to see him back in a hurry.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“None of the others are close to coming back at this moment in time. We’re light, staff wise, but the good thing in football is that you can only put 11 out and so can they.”