Drugs den is found in clean-up
A DRUG den has been shut down during a clean up operation. The den, above Bedwell shops in Stevenage, was discovered during Operation Juliet, an environmental action day held by fire, police and council officers. A Stevenage Borough Council spokesman sai
A DRUG den has been shut down during a clean up operation.
The den, above Bedwell shops in Stevenage, was discovered during Operation Juliet, an environmental action day held by fire, police and council officers.
A Stevenage Borough Council spokesman said: "One of the teams came across an old flat where someone had kicked the door in. There was a mattress in there so it looked like someone was staying there and it was a place to take drugs."
The flat contained drug paraphernalia and was boarded up straight away.
You may also want to watch:
During last Wednesday's operation, which concentrated on the Bedwell area, graffiti was cleaned off walls and more than three tonnes of rubbish was collected.
Sgt Jason Thorne, from Stevenage Police, said: "The environmental action days are excellent examples of multi-agency working which helps us address a number of issues that are of particular importance to local people.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
"It was successful in terms of dealing with quality of life issues. Offences such as graffiti and antisocial behaviour are very important to people. Wednesday was an opportunity to target these effectively.