Drivers of Minis warned after spate of wing mirror thefts across North Herts
- Credit: Archant
Drivers of Minis have been warned to be on alert after a spate of wing mirrors were stolen from cars across North Herts and Stevenage.
Police are appealing for information after thefts from Minis in Dale in Letchworth, Chiltern Road in Baldock and Keats Way in Hitchin on January 4 or January 5.
There have been a further 19 incidents in which wing mirrors or casings have been stolen in Baldock, Hitchin, Letchworth, Knebworth and Stevenage since mid-September – police are linking the incidents.
North Herts Insp Duncan Sales said: “These thefts are continuing to cause the owners unnecessary expense in replacing the stolen or damaged mirrors and we are keen to catch the person, or people, responsible as soon as possible.
“I am appealing to anyone who thinks they may know anything about these incidents to come forward. Any information, no matter how seemingly insignificant, could greatly assist the investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also urge anyone who sees any suspicious activity around Minis and all other vehicles to please contact police straight away.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts