Drivers injured after two cars collide on A600 near Shefford
A man and a woman were injured after two cars collided at Rowney Warren Woods near Shefford this morning. The East of England Ambulance Service was alerted to the incident on the A600 at 9.33am. The initial 999 call stated two vehicles had collided and th
A man and a woman were injured after two cars collided at Rowney Warren Woods near Shefford this morning.
The East of England Ambulance Service was alerted to the incident on the A600 at 9.33am. The initial 999 call stated two vehicles had collided and the occupants were trapped. Ambulance crews from Biggleswade, Kempston, Luton and Shefford attended the scene.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "Two cars had collided and both occupants were trapped in the wreckage. Due to this, an air ambulance was deployed to the scene.
"The team of paramedics and a doctor from the air ambulance worked tremendously hard to stabilise the trapped casualties for an hour and a half whilst the fire service cut away the car to free them."
You may also want to watch:
A woman believed to be in her 30s, was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridgeshire with head, pelvic and back injuries.
The man, believed to be in his 40s, was taken by land ambulance to Bedford Hospital South Wing with a back injury.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed