Drink to a successful morning
HOPING people put a smile on their mugs and take part in the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning are Macmillan Cancer Support clinical nurse specialists.
The Macmillan nursing team from East and North Herts shown here are urging everyone to take part in the charity’s biggest fundraising event of the year.
Simply get together with friends, family and colleagues on Friday, September 24 and raise some money (and a smile) for people affected by cancer.
Last year in Hertfordshire over 1,000 people took part in the event. It is hoped as many will do the same this year and help raise a record breaking �180,000 throughout the county.
Macmillan fundraising manager Carla Poole said: “The event is in its 20th year this year and we know it is going to be even bigger and better than ever before. The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning is the UK’s third largest fundraising event, it really is a great way of helping improve people’s lives – and what could be more fun than drinking coffee, eating cakes and catching up with friends!”
You may also want to watch:
The Macmillan Cancer Support nurses will be taking part in the event at the Lister Hospital and they hope that others will follow them in raising their mugs to help the more than 800 people across the UK who each day hear the words, “you have cancer”.
Macmillan Cancer Support improves the lives of people affected by cancer by providing practical, medical, emotional and financial support.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
When someone is affected by cancer, the difference between a good day and a bad day can often come down to the really small things such as getting answers on something they are worrying about, finding out they can get some financial support or just having a chat with someone who understands.
This year Macmillan Cancer Support needs to raise over �8 million.
To register to take part in the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning log on to www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or ring 0845 602 1246.
To find out about other ways to support Macmillan Cancer Support, contact the Hertfordshire fundraising team on 01438 712012.