Dress your Letchworth window to impress for Queen’s Diamond Jubilee competition
BUSINESSES have the chance to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in style by taking part in a shop window competition.
Launched by Letchworth Town Centre Partnership and the Comet today (Thursday), the title of Letchworth’s Best Dressed Jubilee Window is up for grabs.
Retailers and businesses in the town centre can enter its jubilee-themed window display under one of three competition categories - most patriotic, most innovative and most humorous.
“With three categories to enter it’s a great opportunity for our retailers and businesses to have some creative fun and express their individuality,” said Letchworth town centre manager Lee Boswell.
“With union flag bunting fluttering across the town centre’s main streets in the run up to the jubilee weekend, we want the town’s shoppers and visitors to really feel Letchworth has gone the extra mile in celebrating the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee by dressing our town centre shops for the occasion.”
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for entries is May 28 but organisers are urging shops and businesses to get cracking on the competition window displays now to provide a visual treat for Letchworth GC’s shoppers and visitors.
The displays will be judged by an independent panel that will walk the town on the afternoon of May 28, with the winners announced on May 31.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine
An online Comet poll to decide the People’s Favourite Jubilee Window will also be held ahead of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee on June 2.
If you are a shop owner or have a business based in the town Centre simply dress your window in a jubilee theme and contact the Letchworth Town Centre Partnership on 01462 486999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org