Dozens of jewellery items taken in Hitchin house burglary
A FAMILY have been left “heartbroken” after burglars made off with a large amount of jewellery from their home.
The incident, which saw 70 pieces of distinctive Asian jewellery and cash taken, happened at a property on the A602 Stevenage Road between 3.30pm and 4.15pm last Wednesday.
The offenders forced entry to the front door and while inside the property, carried out a search. They then made off with the items.
“The family are heartbroken after having these items stolen and are extremely keen to get them back,” said Dc Jeanette Walker from the local crime unit.
“The offenders forced the front door of the property during a narrow time frame so I would be keen to speak to anyone who believes they saw suspicious activity in the property in that road that day.
You may also want to watch:
“It is believed a large group of mostly female people described as Middle Eastern Europeans gathered in the area around the time of the offence and I’d be keen to speak with anyone who recalls seeing this group of any suspicious vehicles in the area.”
Anyone with information can call the non-emergency number 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour