Afternoon tea with Downton Abbey creator up for grabs in support of hospice
- Credit: Archant
Looking for the perfect Mother’s Day gift? Garden House Hospice Care is hosting a special afternoon tea at the House of Lords, complete with a Q&A with Downton Abbey creator Lord Julian Fellowes.
Hosted by professor of palliative care Baronees Finlay of Landaff, the afternoon will include an optional guided tour of Parliament as well as a choice between traditional or Champagne afternoon tea.
Lord Fellowes will be at the tea to discuss the Downton Abbey series, as well as the upcoming movies.
Event organiser Danielle Swinburne said: “We are delighted to be hosting this event and are honoured to have the support of Baroness Finlay and Lord and Lady Fellowes.
“It’s going to be a brilliant event and anticipate it to be an incredibly successful fundraiser for Garden House.”
You may also want to watch:
The afternoon will be an opportunity to get behind the scenes gossip from the TV series and enjoy the surroundings of the Cholmondeley Room and Terrace overlooking the River Thames.
Prices are £40 for traditional afternoon tea, £50 for Champagne afternoon tea and an additional £10 per person for a guided tour of Parliament.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
To book your tickets for the event on July 10 call 01462 679540 or go to ghhospicecare.org.uk.