Download your church service now!
SERMONS that can be downloaded for MP3 players and interactive church sessions are a way of life for Christchurch in Baldock. The technologically savvy church aims to attract the next generation of Bible lovers, but realises that not everyone has the tim
SERMONS that can be downloaded for MP3 players and interactive church sessions are a way of life for Christchurch in Baldock.
The technologically savvy church aims to attract the next generation of Bible lovers, but realises that not everyone has the time or desire to sit through a traditional service.
Vanessa Popplewell, 30, from Baldock is involved in organising the events and says that there are a lot of young people attending these kinds of services as they allow for greater interactivity.
She said: "We need to make services a lot more accessible for young people, a lot more interactive. I think that there's a need for looking at it in different ways."
You may also want to watch:
The downloadable sermons have been heralded as the way of the future, not just for the younger generation, but also for those that are housebound or have to find time to fit their faith into their everyday life.
Around 100 people attend the traditional Christchurch services at 10.30am on Sundays at the Knights Templar School hall in Baldock which also has a club for children during the service including story and craft activities.
- 1 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
The number attending the Sunday club at 6pm at Letchworth Free Church is ever growing. Jason Palacio, 25, of Letchworth GC is one of the elders in charge of running the Sunday sessions.
He said: "We started the service in March with 40 people and it's grown to around 60, sometimes 80 on a special event."
Special events have included a number of weeks discussing the ideas of the Davinci Code around the opening of the film which proved very popular. Each week allows for discussions, coffee and treats and the opportunity to explore the Bible in a relaxed environment.
To download a sermon or find out more visit www.christchurch.instant.org.uk