Dorries and Heald best of MP bloggers
TWO MPs from Comet country are certainly letting their fingers do the talking. Most of the 650 MPs have blogs and Nadine Dorries, MP for Mid Beds, and Oliver Heald, who is the MP for North East Herts, have been listed in the top 30 bloggers in Westminster
TWO MPs from Comet country are certainly letting their fingers do the talking.
Most of the 650 MPs have blogs and Nadine Dorries, MP for Mid Beds, and Oliver Heald, who is the MP for North East Herts, have been listed in the top 30 bloggers in Westminster.
The Total Politics Annual Blog Poll is an annual event and is the result of more than 1,500 people voting for their favourite MPs' blog.
Ms Dorries comes in at number four in the Top 30.
You may also want to watch:
This week while on holiday in Spain she said: "Given that the political blogosphere is almost entirely male-dominated, unfortunately sometimes in a very male 'macho' way, I was really very shocked to have been voted for at all.
"My blog enjoys a large and world wide readership. The more I blog, the more hits I get, one month peaking at almost half a million.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
"I'm about to, as a general election tool, start twittering, despite all I've said about it on my blog!"
Mr Heald's blog comes in at number 29 and covers many local issues and events including his strong and serious national political views.
"I enjoy communicating with constituents and was one of the first MPs to offer email and a web site," said Mr Heald.
"I started blogging fairly recently so I am delighted that people like it. To come in the top 30 in the annual poll is great.