Dorothy Wells Strings Foundation celebrate first year of lessons in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
The first cohort of a Hitchin strings foundation, set up in memory of Dorothy Wells, has held a concert to celebrate the hard work of students during the first year.
The Dorothy Wells Strings Foundation was set up after Dorothy left a legacy for an organ scholarship - The Dorothy Wells Organ Foundation, which launched at the town's St Mary's Church in 2016 - and a strings project, which launched in November last year.
The group showed off the skills they have learnt during the first year at a special concert at Benslow Music Trust.
The 12 children, aged between three and six years, presented a 30-minute programme to an audience of parents, friends and invited guests.
Lesley Ward, the daughter of the late Dorothy Wells, was present at the concert.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the DWSF and the classes it offers, email the operations manager, Kay Tucker at email@example.com
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV