Donate your paint to charity and good causes in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS are being urged to donate their unused and unwanted paint to charities and good causes.
North Herts District Council is holding a recycling event this Saturday at Woodside Car Park, Hitchin.
People are asked to take along unwanted items to recycle, including tins of paint.
The authority is working with Eco Waste and Recycling to donate the paint to local community or voluntary services, charities and those in social need.
People can also take along their unwanted electrical items for recycling, including hairdryers, toasters, televisions and microwaves. Larger appliances, such as washing machines and refrigerators, cannot be accepted.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Peter Burt, NHDC’s portfolio holder for waste, recycling and environment, said: “Electrical equipment recycling events are incredibly popular in North Herts. They are a great way to dispose of your unwanted electrical items in an environmentally-friendly way, helping protect the environment by reducing the amount of waste we send to landfill. “We are delighted to also give residents the opportunity to donate their unwanted paint, enabling it to be put to community use.”
To see a full list of electrical items accepted, visit www.north-herts.gov.uk and visit the waste and recycling events pages.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
For a list of paint accepted, visit www.eco-skiphire.co.uk