Donate rugby kits to help disadvantaged kids in Africa
PEOPLE are being encouraged to donate their old rugby kits to charity to help disadvantaged children and young adults in Africa.
Car dealership John R Ford & Sons on Ampthill Road in Shefford is getting behind the Drop Kick Your Kit campaign.
Clean rugby shirts, shorts, protective gear and boots can be taken to the dealership before Sunday, October 2.
Charity SKRUM will distribute the kits to children and young adults in Africa.
SKRUM uses rugby to develop social skills necessary for healthy and responsible living. African children and young adults are encouraged to attend SKRUM rugby courses and, at the same time, have medical HIV/AIDS checks and receive preventative AIDS awareness programmes.
You may also want to watch:
“By simply donating their unwanted kit, our customers will have a direct impact on the lives of so many individuals,” said a spokesman for John R Ford & Sons.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years