Don't let your left overs go to waste
Don t let the thought of turkey stew and limp veg deter you from using up leftovers during this festive break. Recycling staff at North Herts District Council are suggesting you look at the Glamour From Nothing recipes available on the Love Food Hate Wast
Don't let the thought of turkey stew and limp veg deter you from using up leftovers during this festive break.
Recycling staff at North Herts District Council are suggesting you look at the Glamour From Nothing recipes available on the Love Food Hate Waste website which also features a wide variety of meals using everyday ingredients and leftovers.
They include Christmas Pudding ice cream, turkey noodle soup, carrot cake, Spanish potato tortilla and homemade tomato ketchup.
Every year �12billion of food is thrown away in UK homes - an average of �480 for all households but rising to �680 for families, or more than �50 a month. Much of this could be turned into meals or frozen. The wasted food is a problem for us all as it contributes to global warming and adds to council tax bills.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Lynda Needham, district councilPortfolio Holder for Waste and Recycling, said: "We want everyone to have an enjoyable Christmas this year and the recipes on the Love Food Hate Waste website are designed to help us stick to a budget while being able to create a nice spread for friends and family. The trick is all the ingredients are simple and straightforward."
Look on www.lovefoodhatewaste.com or, for local recycling information, www.north-herts.gov.uk
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes