Domestic abuser from Letchworth jailed for more than six months after repeatedly assaulting woman
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth man repeatedly convicted of beating up a woman has been put behind bars.
Stevenage magistrates heard on Wednesday that Dean Kerneghan, 38, had assaulted a woman on June 20 this year – three months after receiving a suspended sentence for a similar offence committed against the same victim in December.
Kerneghan pleaded guilty, having previously indicated a not guilty plea.
Chair of the bench Susan Burnett handed him an 18-week jail sentence and ordered him to pay a victim surcharge of £115.
A 16-week suspended sentence imposed by Stevenage magistrates in March was also implemented as a 12-week consecutive sentence, making a total jail term of 30 weeks.
You may also want to watch:
The bench also imposed a restraining order to prevent Kerneghan from contacting the victim until July 2018.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery