Dome boss shares business tips
THE former chief executive of the Millennium Dome, PY Gerbeau, is coming to Comet country to speak to local businesses. PY will join businesses in Stevenage for a special event next Thursday, February 23, marking the official launch of the newly independe
THE former chief executive of the Millennium Dome, PY Gerbeau, is coming to Comet country to speak to local businesses.
PY will join businesses in Stevenage for a special event next Thursday, February 23, marking the official launch of the newly independent Gunnels Wood Business Partnership (GWBP).
Hosted by the dedicated management team, GWBP will showcase its plans to boost the local economy and support the local business community
PY is a leading business speaker, professor of entrepreneurship at Imperial College and chief executive of X-Leisure, the largest leisure group in the UK.
GlaxoSmithKline's offices in Gunnels Wood Road will provide the setting for the official launch event and to show his support for the new initiative, PY Gerbeau will be a keynote speaker.
Former vice-president of EuroDisney, PY has a lifetime of experiences and a wealth of business knowledge to share with the Stevenage business community.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
He will be joined by Martin Wigley, site operations manager at GSK and Nick Gibson, chief executive of GWBP, who will open the proceedings.
Mr Gibson said: "This is a very important moment for GWBP, its stakeholders and the Stevenage business community - the green light for a Gunnels Wood revitalisation project that will have substantial positive and lasting impact on both Gunnels Wood specifically as well as Stevenage more broadly.
"We look forward to working with our partners and members on this exciting venture that will help bring investment and regeneration opportunities into the area."
* Those interested in becoming a member of the Gunnels Wood Business Partnership should contact Nick Gibson on 01438 761924 or visit www.gunnelswood.com