Dogs encouraged to go walkies in Stevenage in support of Herts Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of dog owners and their pet pooches are expected to take part in this year’s Heli Hounds Charity Dog Walk in aid of the Herts Air Ambulance.
The 5km event will take place in Fairlands Valley Park in Stevenage on Sunday, October 16, and there is stil time to register to take part.
Fay Boissieux, events coordinator at Herts Air Ambulance, said: “This event was so much fun last year and we raised over £1,100.
“We hope to double that this year and would urge everyone to register in good time and get sponsored for the walk if possible, as every penny raised will help keep the air ambulance flying and saving lives.”
The event will start with a demonstration on good behaviour from dog behaviourist and trainer Adem Fehmi, and micro chipping will also be available.
You may also want to watch:
Katherine Ewen, owner of the event’s sponsor, DogFish Hydrotherapy in Hitchin, which helps dogs recover from injury and illness, said: “The air ambulance should be a charity close to all of our hearts as it does such an amazing job.
“Heli Hounds is a perfect event to get involved in if you own a dog.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
The Herts Air Ambulance is also running a Hounds on Holiday competition, asking people to send in pictures of their pooches on holiday.
The competition runs until October 12, with the winner receiving tickets to London’s Discover Dogs event on October 22 and 23.
Register for the dog walk before October 13 for £5 per dog, or from 10am on the day for £7 per dog.
The walk will begin at 11am and all participants will receive a doggie goodie bag.
To register for the walk, or enter the Hounds on Holiday competition, visit www.hertsairambulance.uk.com