Dogged determination as lurcher Milly takes the lead to support North Herts hospice fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Milly the lurcher is hoping that a bumper field of four-legged friends will be taking her lead next month.
That’s because organisers of a fundraiser for the Garden House Hospice reckon that dogs and their owners would have to be barking mad to miss out on the Muddy Mutts and Superheroes family dog walk on Letchworth’s Norton Common.
Milly will be stepping out withher owner, long serving hospice volunteer Lesley Stanbury, for the event on Sunday, February 28.
Lesley says: “Milly and I are looking forward to taking part.
“Milly needs walking twice a day so I think this is a great idea, we can both keep fit with our daily walk and raise money for a great cause at the same time.”
You may also want to watch:
The walk starts at 10am and will cover a route of about 5km on the beautiful common.
The walk is suitable for all ages and children are encouraged to come along and join the fun – they can even dress up as their favourite superhero.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Organisers believe that the new event is a great opportunity for supporters to get together with their children and grandchildren, and their canine companions, to have a great day out while also doing their bit to support the work of the Letchworth-based hospice.
You can sign up now on the hospice website at www.ghhospice.co.uk.
You’ll find all the details in the events diary in the fundraising news section, or you can call Cathy White on 01462 679540 for more information.
Garden House provides the community of North Herts and Stevenage with inpatient care, a hospice at home service, a day service and bereavement support but needs to £2 million every year to fund its services.
All care provided to its patients and their families is delivered at no cost to them.