Dog-walker, 82, dies after being hit by car near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
An 82-year-old man out walking his dogs died after being hit by a car near Hitchin last night.
The pensioner was struck by the vehicle on Pirton’s Hitchin Road at about 5.40pm, and sadly died at the scene.
His family have been traced and are now being supported by specialist police officers.
The road was closed for hours after the crash while officers investigated.
Police investigating the incident would like to speak to anyone who saw an elderly gentleman wearing dark clothing and walking two dogs in the area in the time before the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact PC Adam Frost from the Beds, Cambs and Herts Forensic Collision Investigation Unit on the police non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years