Dog killed by anti-freeze poisoner family claim
A killer is targeting dogs in a park a family claims after their pet died from symptoms indicative of kidney failure due to anti-freeze poisoning.
Martine Cuzens’ and Mark Thompson’s family dog Maddie, died at their Cherwell Drive home after eating what they believe was anti-freeze soaked bread scattered in St Nicholas Park, Stevenage.
Maddie, a two-and-a-half year old collie-cross was taken to exercise in the popular dog walking area the previous Saturday, after which she began vomiting and would not eat. She died in her sleep on Thursday night.
Mrs Cuzen’s said: “She fell ill after the walk. She was off the lead and picked something up to eat. A lot of people said people have been putting bread down with anti-freeze. I didn’t know.
“They said four dogs had died in the last couple of weeks.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Thompson said he has warned every dog owner he has seen in the park to try to prevent any more deaths.
Herts Police and Stevenage Borough Council, which manages the park, said there had been no records of dog poisonings in the area, but urged pet owners who have experienced anti-freeze poisoning symptoms to report it.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
If your pet has been the victim of a poisoning, contact the editorial team at firstname.lastname@example.org