Documentary based on finding employments hits Letchworth big screen
A documentary based on the experiences of being unemployed and desperate for work is being given the big-screen treatment in Letchworth.
Earlier this year jobseekers of all ages and backgrounds from Job Centre Plus in Letchworth and Stevenage worked with North Hertfordshire CVS and Hitchin-based The Young Filmakers Club to produce a documentary based on their experiences.
The documentary sees men and women without work trying out different job roles in organisations such as Crossroads Care, B&M Stores and Kinetic Cycles.
The fruits of their labour will be on display at 7.30pm at The Broadway Cinema on Thursday where participants will also be rewarded on the night.
Jo Ann Nilssen, who co-founded The Young Filmakers Club in 2008, said: “The team came together under our supervision to produce an excellent short documentary that focussed on their experiences of being unemployed and the challenges of seeking work.
You may also want to watch:
“The experience greatly enhanced the skills of the jobseekers, most of whom had no film production experience.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision