Do your bit in the Big Hitchin Spring Clean
- Credit: Archant
The Big Hitchin Spring Clean is in two weeks, and organisers Hitchin Forum have called for volunteers to get the town spick and span for the summer.
The town clean-up, now in its seventh year, takes place from 10am to 12 noon on Sunday, March 25.
Ellie Clarke, who is co-ordinating the event, said: “it’s always great fun and tremendously satisfying.
“Hitchin Forum organises volunteers into teams for each site and provides instructions, pickers and black bags. All we need is people power – so the more volunteers we get, the better!”
Sites set to be cleaned up include Redhill Path, the area outside the railway station forecourt, the A602 Park Way bypass, Ransom’s Recreation Ground, Bancroft Recreation Ground, Pinehill Field, Butts Close and The Dell.
You may also want to watch:
Ellie said they would be pleased for more suggestions of areas to clean up.
To join in, email email@example.com.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash