Do you know a Stevenage or North Herts cause which could do with £2,000? There’s still time to enter the Roaring Meg Community Support Awards
- Credit: Archant
There’s still time to get your nominations in for the Roaring Meg Community Support Awards.
The Comet-backed initiative offers charities and community groups in the area the chance to win £2,000 for a nominated project, thanks to Roaring Meg Retail & Leisure.
Nominations for the second of four awards are now open, with the deadline set for 5pm next Thursday, November 24.
Sarah Rawlings from Roaring Meg Retail and Leisure, based off Monkswood Way in Stevenage, said she is looking forward to selecting a second organisation to benefit.
“We have had a tremendous amount of entries since the launch of the initiative in July,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“Last month, bereavement support charity Stand-By-Me was the first organisation to be chosen to receive the £2,000 reward and we are so pleased that it will help them to continue their specialist support for local children.
“With the deadline for the second award approaching, we are encouraging Stevenage and North Herts organisations, charities and groups to come forward, to be in with a chance to receive the next Roaring Meg Community Support Award.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 9 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
“We would like to wish all of our entrants the best of luck and we look forward to reading their fascinating stories.”
The prize money of £2,000 should be used for purchase of materials or products and must not be used for payment of consultancy fees or wages – for full terms and conditions visit cometcommunityawards.co.uk. To submit an entry you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.