DJ night for Garden House Hospice Care inspired by Stevenage man with ‘only weeks to live’
- Credit: Archant
A charity music night has been inspired by a man who has been battling a brain tumour for more than a year and has now been told he only has weeks to live.
Marsha Schwartz-Read, Lewis Harwood and Dean Curtis have organised a house and garage music night at the Coach and Horses in Stevenage’s High Street to raise money for Garden House Hospice Care in Letchworth.
Marsha, who is close friends with the cancer-stricken man, says he does not want to be named and the focus of attention for the event because he is well-known in Stevenage.
She said: “He’s only 53 and I don’t know if he’s going to make it to this event as he’s only got weeks to live.”
The Light Up A Life event on March 3 will see five DJs, including Alex P – well-known on the Ibiza scene – giving their time for free and playing funky house and old skool garage.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event, which starts at 7.30pm, are £5 in advance and £7.50 on the door – with all money raised being donated to the hospice, where the 53-year-old is being cared for.
Marsha said: “My friend speaks so highly of staff and wouldn’t be able to get through it without them.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
“Not only does the hospice give so much support to the patients, but also to their families as well.”
She added: “I want to thank everyone who has helped with the event so far. We want to raise as much as we can and have a good night doing it.”
For tickets, or if you are a business and would like to donate a raffle prize, call Marsha on 07943 421710.
Alternatively you can search for ‘Light Up A Life’ on Facebook, or pop into the pub.
If you want to make a donation, visit www.justgiving.com/GHHospice.