Distraction burglary suspects remanded in custody
TWO men charged with committing distraction burglaries in Mid Beds appeared in court today (Monday) and were remanded in custody. They were arrested on Friday night following distraction burglaries in Langford s Church Street and High Street earlier that
TWO men charged with committing distraction burglaries in Mid Beds appeared in court today (Monday) and were remanded in custody.
They were arrested on Friday night following distraction burglaries in Langford's Church Street and High Street earlier that evening and an attempted burglary in Bedford.
In each case, offenders posed as utility officials.
Michael Ward, 26, of Clinton Avenue, Manchester and John Edward Cawley, 32, of Rottersley Road, Harlesden, London, are each charged with two counts of burglary, one count of theft and one of attempted burglary.
You may also want to watch:
At Bedford Magistrates' Court today they were remanded in custody to re-appear on Thursday.
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 4 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 5 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 6 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 7 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 10 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful