Distraction burglary suspects remanded in custody
TWO men charged with committing distraction burglaries in Mid Beds appeared in court today (Monday) and were remanded in custody. They were arrested on Friday night following distraction burglaries in Langford s Church Street and High Street earlier that
TWO men charged with committing distraction burglaries in Mid Beds appeared in court today (Monday) and were remanded in custody.
They were arrested on Friday night following distraction burglaries in Langford's Church Street and High Street earlier that evening and an attempted burglary in Bedford.
In each case, offenders posed as utility officials.
Michael Ward, 26, of Clinton Avenue, Manchester and John Edward Cawley, 32, of Rottersley Road, Harlesden, London, are each charged with two counts of burglary, one count of theft and one of attempted burglary.
At Bedford Magistrates' Court today they were remanded in custody to re-appear on Thursday.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 5 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 6 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables